The Society for Clinical Trials established the title of "Fellow of the Society for Clinical Trials" in 2005 to honor Society members who have made significant contributions to the advancement of clinical trials and to the Society. The title may be granted to a small number of Society members each year at the Annual Meeting. It is a signal honor that denotes their importance in the field. Nominations for the Class of 2021 are being accepted from Nov 2nd to January 15, 2021. Any member of the Society may nominate a candidate. We encourage you to put forward someone you consider to be a leader in our field.
We are currently accepting nominations for the Class of 2020 through January 15, 2021.
Who May be Nominated
Candidates must have been an SCT member for at least five of the last 10 years or for a total of at least 10 years. Each nominee will be evaluated by the SCT Fellows Committee on the basis of contributions to the advancement of clinical trials in one or more of the following areas:
- Methodologic development
- Trials coordination, conduct, or leadership of individual clinical trials
- Information technology, data management, or data quality
- Promotion of a better understanding by the general public of the importance of randomized clinical trials
- Service to the Society
How to Submit a Nomination
If you know someone who meets these qualifications and is deserving of this particular Society honor, please follow this three-part process:
- Check with the SCT office at email@example.com to confirm the eligibility of your intended nominee.
- Prepare a nomination packet, which should include:
o Candidate’s current full curriculum vitae (CV)
o Three or more letters of support from individuals qualified to describe the candidate’s contributions. At least twho of the letters should be from individuals at an institution, agency, or organization other than that of the candidate. The letters may include a letter of support from the nominator.
o Cover letter from the nominator to document that packet is complete and that the candidate meets criteria. (If the nominator writes a letter of support, documentation of meeting criteria may be incorporated into the letter of support instead.)
- Submit your nomination on the SCT website at: http://www.sctweb.org/meeting/fellowNom/intro.cfm