The Society for Clinical Trials established the title of "Fellow of the Society for Clinical Trials” in 2005 to honor Society members who have made significant contributions to the advancement of clinical trials and to the Society. This title is granted to a number of Society members each year at the Annual Meeting.
Nominations are currently being accepted and any member of the Society may nominate a candidate. Complete nomination packets are due by December 15, 2023. The Class of 2024 Fellows will be announced and honored at the SCT 45th Annual Meeting to be held May 19-22, 2024, in Boston, Massachusetts.
Who May be Nominated
The Society actively encourages the submission of nominations representing both the full diversity of persons deserving of recognition and representing all areas of contribution supporting excellence in the conduct of clinical trials.
Candidates must have been an SCT member for at least five consecutive years at any time or a total of at least 10 years. Each nominee will be evaluated by the SCT Fellows Committee on the basis of service to the Society and contributions to the advancement of clinical trials in one or more of the following areas:
- Important contributions to clinical trials in the areas of information technology, data management, data quality, and/or data sharing.
- Important contributions to clinical trials in the areas of site management, training, IP and supply management.
- Leadership, coordination and/or oversight of clinical trials.
- Design, analysis and/or reporting of clinical trials.
- Education and promotion of a better understanding by the general public of the importance and interpretation of clinical trials.
- Ethical considerations and human subjects’ protections in the conduct of clinical trials.
How to Submit a Nomination
Please visit the SCT website for complete nomination submission details.
If you know someone who meets these qualifications and is deserving of this particular Society honor, please follow this three-part process:
- Contact the SCT office via email to email@example.com to confirm the eligibility of your intended nominee.
- Prepare a Nomination Packet by the December 15, 2023, deadline.
Submit your candidate's Nomination Packet by clicking here.
The nomination package should include:
- Current curriculum vitae (CV), biosketch, or resume.
- Three or more letters of support from individuals qualified to describe the candidate's contributions:
- May include a letter of support from the nominator.
- At least two of the letters should be from individuals at an institution, agency, or organization other than that of the candidate.
- Cover letter to document meeting the criteria. If the nominator writes a letter of support, documentation of meeting criteria may be incorporated into the letter of support instead
Nomination packets will be reviewed by the SCT Fellows Committee and selected Fellows will be notified in early 2024.